Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring has Sprung


Well, friends, it has been a long time, and so much has happened since my last post! My household items did arrive, as did my car. I am settled into my cute little apartment, and have met some cool people in Banja Luka.

Probably you heard about the insane snow storms that hit the region. I went to Sarajevo for a few days and got stuck there for 10! It is hard to believe that was only one month ago- it's been in the 70s for the past week. It may only be mid-March, but the outdoor cafes are open, the people are out en masse and life is beautiful.

Work is good. My colleagues here in Banja Luka are friendly and helpful, and it is fun to work with them. My colleagues in Sarajevo are also friendly and helpful, and love it when I visit. Luckily, spending 10 days in Anna's apartment didn't kill our budding friendship, but made it stronger. We have a pattern now, when I come down I make us delicious meals, and she provides coffee and wine and her guest bedroom. Everybody wins.

I spent a few days in Budapest with some of my classmates. I love that city! We had a great time enjoying the baths, exotic cuisine, and each other's company.

I am long overdue for a trip to Belgrade, but every time I plan one something comes up. I hope to get back in the next few weeks, as all of a sudden my spring and summer weekends are filling up. A girls' weekend on the Croatian coast next month. Dear friends are coming for a weekend in May. A wedding in Italy in June... there are certainly worse problems to have!


I am skipping over a lot here, silliness in Sarajevo, frustration with small town life, not understanding what my job is. But that is a lot to tackle on a beautiful Friday.

I will try to post more regularly, and more interesting updates. In between going to the gym, cooking (the lack of international cuisine and the less than robust social life have led to me cooking more and more!), and exploring my environs I am trying to take more pictures. So more from me soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment